Win £5000 in the Commonwealth Youth Awards 2023 for Young Leaders
Applications are open for the Commonwealth Youth Awards 2023. The Awards recognise exceptional young people from across the Commonwealth. The awards, held each year in March, celebrate the outstanding contributions young people are making towards tackling global issues, improving lives, and achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Previous winners have enjoyed international acclaim, cash prizes, and invaluable networking opportunities to help boost their projects. Next year’s awards are even more special as 2023 has been declared the ‘Year of the Youth’, in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Commonwealth Youth Programme.
- The jury will shortlist finalists, who will each receive a trophy, a certificate, and £1,000 in cash, and from them, regional award winners will be chosen. These will receive an additional £2,000.
- One of the regional award recipients will be accorded further recognition as Commonwealth Young Person of the Year and a total cash prize of £5,000.
- For the second year running the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust (QCT) has joined the Commonwealth Secretariat as a partner to offer one winner up to two years of flexible funding worth £20,000 a year, as well as coaching opportunities and organisational development support.
An applicant must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen;
- Be between the age of 15 to 29 years; and
- have been engaged in development work for at least 12 months as a professional or volunteer.
- Be the founder or co-founder of a social enterprise.
- Nominees must show a strong track record of implementing impactful development work which contributes to at least one of the 17 SDGs.
The application deadline is 17 October 2022 at 23:59 BST (UK Time)