UG Online Initiative: This is how to get your Free Vodafone SIM Card as a student of the University of Ghana
With the introduction of the full online teaching and learning at the University of Ghana to help compensate the losses in the remaining teaching and learning weeks whiles students observe the Presidential schools’ closure order due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the university has finished the arrangement with Vodafone Ghana to distribute Free Vodafone SIM cards packed with 5GB of monthly data to all University of Ghana students so they can use it to access the University’s Online learning platform.
To collect your SIM card follow the steps below:
The collection of SIM Cards takes immediate effect.
Students will receive a monthly data bundle with the following features:
- 5GB of data
- 150 minutes of cross-net voice calls plus IDD
- 100 SMS
- Free Closed User Group (CUG) calls: Meaning calls between members of the community will be at no cost
- Free access to University of Ghana digital resources (meaning if you exhaust your 5G data you can still access UG online resources)
- Roll-over unused data at the end of the month
This arrangement is available for a period of 4 months till the end of the academic year, July 2020.
THIS IS HOW TO COLLECT YOUR SIM CARD
- Check the list of Vodafone Retail Outlets locations to find the one closest to you. (See list below.)
- Show your National ID (National Passport, Ghana ID card, Driver’s License, Voters ID), Student ID at the retail shop and fill a form to pick up your blank SIM card.
- Show Staff ID or Student ID, and any of the following IDs – National Passport, Ghana ID card, Driver’s License, Voters ID
List of Vodafone Retail Outlets to collect your SIM card from
[table id=5 /]