Carlos Ahenkorah finally declared coronavirus FREE – Ghana Health Service
Carlos Ahenkorah finally declared coronavirus FREE: The Ghana Health Service has declared former deputy Trade minister and MP for Tema East Carlos Ahenkorah COVID-19 negative.
Mr. Ahenkorah recently resigned as a deputy minister after he was accused of breaching the COVID-19 protocols.
In a letter addressed to the Tema East MP on Friday, July 9, 2020, and signed by the director-general of the Ghana Health Service, Dr. Patrick Kuma-Aboagye disclosed that Mr. Ahenkorah has obtained two consecutive negative laboratory test results for COVID-19.
“For this reason, you are deemed to have recovered from COVID-19 infection and so can return to work,” the letter noted.
The GHS has however cautioned the former deputy minister to continue to observe the precautionary measures since he is not immune from contracting the virus.
“These include the use of a face mask at all times especially in public places, frequent washing of hands with soap under running water and covering of mouth and nose with tissue paper when coughing or sneezing and disposing of the used tissue properly”.
Attached is a copy of the letter from the GHS boss to Carlos Ahenkorah.
NOTIFICATION OF RECOVERY FROM COVID – 19 FROM GHS
The Ghana Health Service wishes to inform you that you have obtained two consecutive negative laboratory test results for COVID – 19.
For this reason, you are deemed to have recovered from COVID – 19 infection, and so can return to work. This however does not mean you are immune from contracting the virus henceforth.
As a result, you are advised to continue to observe the under-listed precautionary measures:
- use of a face mask at all times, especially in public places,
- frequent washing of hands with soap under running water,
- covering your mouth and nose with tissue paper when coughing or sneezing and disposing off the used tissue properly,
- maintaining social and physical distancing with other people (minimum of 2 meters)
- drinking enough water. Whilst grateful for your co-operation thus far, we are looking forward to its continuation as we strive to ensure your safety and that of other Ghanaians.
Source: Starr FM