This role reports to the Country Manager and Group Head of HR. The main objective of this role is to assist the Country Manager in running the office without hitches across all relevant areas.
The daily activities of an accounting administrative assistant include;
Office Management tasks:
- Ensuring that the facilities manager of the office building is adhering to the landlord’s part of the tenancy agreement.
- Ensuring that janitorial services in the office and toilet area are sorted out as expected daily.
- Liaising with the facilities manager to ensure electricity supply from the generator or plant in times of power outage
- Responsible for utility bill settlement and reconciliation
- Ensuring that the office is well maintained
- Liaise with Group HR on matters to do with employee records on a need to know basis at his or her level
- Ensure that the office doesn’t run out of office essentials such as cartridges, papers
- Monitoring and maintaining office equipment and inventory supplies;
- Liaise with all office suppliers and or vendors to ensure zero breaches of tenets of contracts. S/he must flag and report every potential breach of contract by suppliers and or vendors and company staff
- Creating, updating, and maintaining records and databases: This includes but not limited to staff daily attendance and exit.
- Prepare and submit orders for replacement and replenishment of office supplies for approval.
- Ensuring the proper coding of all company assets ie desktops, laptops, printers, refrigerator etc etc. Keep and maintain an inventory of all company assets
- Calculating and vetting utility bill statements
- Preparing and submitting tax forms.
- Liaising with Payroll Management firm to ensure compliance to terms and conditions of the contract. Ensuring that all statutory payments are being done by the firm as per Ghana laws and our agreement with them.
- Compiling basic financial records: Expenses of all kinds, Payments or Settlements of vendors, partners, etc.
- Managing marketing merchandise inventory and keeping records of same
- 1st degree or diploma in any social sciences or business discipline
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and great mastery of the Microsoft World/Excel/Access.
- Due to the nature of the role, mathematical, verbal and written English proficiency is required
- Good knowledge of Ghana’s Tax regime and Auditing guidelines