Connect with us

2020 Elections

Doctored Bribe video criminal, brazen attack on Ghana’s image – Richard Dela Sky

Published

on

Renowned Broadcast Journalist, Richard Dela Sky has called on Ghana’s security Authorities to arrest individuals behind the doctored video of the President supposedly taking a bribe of $40,000.

To Richard Dela Sky, the video is a brazen attack on the International Image of Ghana regardless of the fact that it’s a doctored video.

The Broadcast Journalist says the issue raises concern brings about the need for a conversation around political party financing which has over the years been a contentious issue.

“The ‘evidence’ purportedly proving that Prez @NAkufoAddo ’took a bribe’ is a brazen attack on GH’s image. While it raises legitimate party financing questions, I’ve NO DOUBT that the video was DOCTORED. The culprits acted with criminal intent. They must be arrested & prosecuted.”

His comment comes on the back of a video purported to have come been recorded in 2016 during the period for the electioneering campaign.

In the said video, the then candidate Akufo-Addo is seen taking a brown envelope which is said to contain an amount of $40,000 and 1,000 pieces of T-shirt as support for the electioneering campaign.

The opposition NDC believes that the money taken by the President was a form of bribe from Alhaji Suleman who wanted to keep his job at the Highway Authority after the NDC that appointed him had left office.

Do you have any news to share with us? WhatsApp us via +233558210224.
Or email us via [email protected].

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Comment on this

2020 Elections

I believe in the promises of an ejaculating man than Akufo-Addo -Manasseh Azure

Published

on

I believe in the promises of an ejaculating man than Akufo

I believe in the promises of an ejaculating man than Akufo-Addo – Manasseh Azure

I believe in the promises of an ejaculating man than Akufo-Addo: Freelance Journalist, Manasseh Azure Awuni has said that he will rather believe in promises made by a man during his ejaculation than believe in Akufo-Addo.

According to him, he invested his trust in the Akufo-Addo brand during the 2016 electioneering campaign because he believed that the NPP was a better alternative to transform the fortunes of Ghana for the better.

However, he now has a diverse opinion about the Akufo-Addo led administration ever since they took over the governance of the country.

The Journalist who made this known in a post on his Facebook page said the straw that broke the camel’s back and erased the little trust he had in the Akufo-Addo administration is the treated meted out to Dumelevo.

He said “Whenever Akufo-Addo was speaking in 2016, come and see me — gidigidi, quoting and posting his words with trust and hope. Now, I trust the promises a man makes to his wife when “his body is coming” more than the president’s words. His action against Daniel Yaw Domelevo eroded the vestige of trust I still had in him. Unfortunately, I don’t trust his main opponent’s promises too. But I’ll vote on December 7 if I have life”.

The New Patriotic Party today August 22, 2020 at an event held in the Central Region launched its manifesto which to the party intends to consolidate the gains made so far since they took over power from the NDC.

The Manifesto according to the political party is its social contract with the people of Ghana and they will follow suit to ensure that Ghana is Transformed.

Whenever Akufo-Addo was speaking in 2016, come and see me — gidigidi, quoting and posting his words with trust and hope….


Facebook Posted by Manasseh Azure Awuni on Saturday, August 22, 2020

Do you have any news to share with us? WhatsApp us via +233558210224.
Or email us via [email protected].

Continue Reading

2020 Elections

Keep your receipts because I’ll audit COVID-19 Funds – Mahama to Akufo-Addo

Published

on

Keep your receipts because I’ll audit COVID-19 Funds – Mahama

Keep your receipts because I’ll audit COVID-19 Funds – Mahama to Akufo-Addo

Mr. John Dramani Mahama has indicated he will audit the COVID-19 fund that has been created to finance activities relating to the fight against the pandemic.

He cautioned all persons who use the funds to keep their receipts because “the day of accountability will come”.

The government of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo created the COVID-19 Trust Fund to solicit funds from the general public to help fight the pandemic.

The Fund, according to President Akufo-Addo has accrued GH₵8,750,000.

“I’m very grateful to individuals and institutions who have responded to my appeal for donations to be made into the COVID-19 National Trust Fund. A total amount of some 8,750,000 cedis which includes 600,000USD has been received.

“I’m happy that so many appointees of my government have also followed my example by donating their salaries to the fund,” President Akufo-Addo said.

But in a Facebook Live presentation on Thursday April 23, Mr Mahama called on Ghanaians to demand accountability in the disbursement of the Funds.

“I don’t think I need to become President before we demand accountability. All those spending the COVID-19 money should be keeping the receipts because the day of accountability is fast approaching,” he said.

He added: “Let us all join hands in demanding accountability and transparency from the government in the management of the COVID-19 funds, after all these are public funds contributed by tax payers.

“I am passionately appealing to the government to ensure a timely release of these funds to the institutions, health and non-heath, so that they can discharge their duties appropriately and according to plan.”

Do you have any news to share with us? WhatsApp us via +233558210224.
Or email us via [email protected].

Continue Reading

2020 Elections

Read FULL JUDGEMENT of the 2020 election petition

Published

on

Read FULL JUDGEMENT of the 2020 election petition

Read FULL JUDGEMENT of the 2020 election petition

The Supreme Court, by a unanimous decision, has affirmed the victory of President Akufo-Addo in the 2020 presidential election.

“The petitioner has not produced any evidence to rebut the presumptions created by the publication of CI 135 for which his action has failed. We have, therefore, no reason to order for a rerun … we accordingly dismiss the petition as having no merit,” Chief Justice Anin-Yeboah ruled.

With this unanimous, seven-member decision, the Supreme Court dismissed the petition.

The court determined that the petitioner had based his case on an error made by the chair of the Electoral Commission during the declaration of the election result on 9 December 2020, but that the error could not void the will of the people in electing a president.

The Supreme Court also held that the error made by the EC in using total votes cast as the basis for reckoning the total valid votes during the declaration was corrected, and that the correction was made in accordance with the law.

Read full judgement below:

 

Do you have any news to share with us? WhatsApp us via +233558210224.
Or email us via [email protected].

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: